Friday, August 5, 2011

Pressing On

Today the verse Philippians 3:14 has just resignated in my heart.

I've been back in good ol' Aurora, IL for three days now and in that time I have just reflected my summer in San Diego and what God did and how He is continueing to work in my heart. I was thinking today how crazy it is that after my last year at Blackhawk I'll be 20 and trying to pursue training, dressage, horses and possibly being a working student for a big name trainer somewhere. I was thinking how I so desperately want a ministry reaching people in the horse industry and around the world and how is are all of those dots supposed to connect together!?

I think sometimes I really just need to be slapped upside the head... I praise God for His patience with me! God knows the plans He has for my life. I should be unashamed of dreaming big and chasing after those dreams with everything I have because He is the one who has placed those dreams of making a difference in the horse industry, of having a ministry, of serving Him, of training and riding horses and loving and reaching people in my heart. He has given me those dreams. Who am I to start worrying about what others may think of that? It doesn't matter. Only God's call for my life matters. That is what I cling to continously. So as I was reading my bible today Philippians 3:14 just echoed in my soul:

I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I press on, I dream, I live, I desire, to be with my Savior and I press on towards the dreams He has given me. I don't care what anyone else says... I'm listening to the only voice that matters :)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love that verse. It fits so beautifully with Philippians 4:13. and as for "really just need to be slapped upside the head" just let me know when. I'd be happy to help. :)

    I love you girl. God has plans for you. No doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete