Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How He Loves

Today was just entirely God filled and beautiful. A perfect summer day.

I woke up at 7am went and rode Zi (who was amazing today! He's been having a lot of mental moments lately and I'm learning more and more how to ride with the sensitivity and precision he needs which is a great learning experience for me) and then I went and spent the rest of my day with Courtney and Elizabeth. Those two girls are blessings in my life. God is just so evident in our friendship and I see elements of Him in both of them.

I can't put into words how overwhelmed with God's love I feel right now.. it's like I'm bubbling over with passion, excitement, and joy of how He loves, how He works. who He is and how He blesses. It takes my breath away. As we sat in Elizabeth's backyard, soaking up the sun's final afternoon rays; we spilled our hearts and just talked and talked about what God is doing in our lives and how blessed we are to have each other. It's in moments with dear best friends like that that I think to myself how incredible heaven will be! As we sit in the LORD'S prescence surrounded by a fellowship and community of believers and bask in His love. It gives me chills just thinking about it :)

I was reminded today of Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am GOD." or in other versions: "Cease striving and know that I am GOD." How powerful is that scripture? Cease, be still and know who our Savior is and bask in that. I feel like life's pages turn so quickly.. I just got back from working in San Diego...I come home and I go back to school in two weeks.. football season is starting so Dad and Nathan (my brother) are busy (my dad is a head football coach at a large high school in Naperville, IL and my brother is a sophomore in high school plays for him) with two-a-days starting tomorrow and the first game being two weeks from Friday.. my mom is busy at her new job as a women's ministry director at our church. I am realizing how crucial it is to take the time to just cease all striving and be still before my Lord. His voice is all that matters and He longs and desires for us to seek Him, to bask in His love, and just be with Him. He fills us and when He fills us He uses us as lights to a dark world. I just love it. I love to love. I love His love. I will constantly be striving to be closer to Him.

I also think as I continue pursuing my career in the horse/dressage industry where I feel the Lord leading me.. I desire to have a ministry and to be able to share my faith and passion for God. I just love Him. There is no other words to use to describe it, I love horses because that is where God has gifted and called me and when I'm riding or working at the barn I see it as a form of worship. I desire to work at it, to give my all, to learn, to never give up because it's what God has called me to and it's just another way to experience intimacy with God and His love. I will never stop being in awe of His love.

How He loves :) Praise His name for that!!

As I head back to school a week from Thursday I just pray that God gives me the strength to keep my focus on Him, on growing in Him and on working hard to pursue dressage and continuing to train Zi.. including working out on a regular basis and staying fit enough to ride him with the precision that dressage requires. I just pray for that focus. And more than anything I pray that the schoolyear doesn't become about me.. as I compete in horse shows, judging contests and go to class, ride Zi, send out resumes for a job with a dressage trainer I pray that it does not become about me. That all of my desires remain rooted in the Lord and where He is calling me. That is my heart.

I just love how He loves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment