Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Becoming Uncomfortable

God does not call us to be comfortable.

He calls us to be uncomfortable because it is then that He grows us the most. It is a state of fearlessness.

I have come to realize in the past weeks that God is calling me in every part of my life to be uncomfortable and to step outside my comfort zone. It is uncertain. It is scary. In fact it is terrifying. Yet it is also full of joy, and peace because God is the center of it. I do not know what will happen tomorrow or a week from now or where I will be a year from now. What I do know is that today I am in God's hands and He is cradling my life. My heart is His and I want to live everyday as though it is my last knowing that for me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

What kind of perspective is that!? I love how Paul has that eternal perspective and I want to cling to that. I want to embrace it. I want to own it. What would it look like if every christian embraced that eternal perspective and spent their days living it up in a state of fearlessness for Christ?

-Kayla

1 comment:

  1. In a world where comfort seems to be the goal of many people (the focus being on 'self') one cannot help but wonder whether comfort REALLY is the answer. The place where one learns, develops, and ultimately learns to trust, is that place outside of your comfort zone. Of course this is true across the board: from your comfort zone as a learner, to your comfort in relationships.

    Kerrin Koetsier
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete