Saturday, July 3, 2010

Don't hold back

Life is short. Life has no guarentees. Live it up. Love unconditionally and without holding back today. Tomorrow is not for sure.


I have really been reflecting on how I live day to day. I get up, go to the barn, play with and ride Zi, hang out with my family, hang out with my friends, go to caribou, drink coffee, read, journal, go back to the barn and then I sleep. The same routine repeats. I don't want to get stuck in that routine. I want to not hold back, I feel like it is so easy to get caught up in day to day living and waste time. I want to invest in relationships and pour myself into those and love without holding anything back and stop worrying about tomorrow. Leave no words unsaid and open my heart and live every day as though it is my last.

Song of Songs 8:6-7 For love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away.

Love is powerful. Don't hold it back. Love today. It has been close to my heart to not worry about tomorrow and love unconditionally and live it up fearlessly for Christ right now with the time I have and keep an eternal perspective.

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 comments:

  1. I needed this. Thanks so much, dear. I've been begging for routine lately because I'm wandering lost right now. Where these words help you find the spice to life they gave me determination and helped me center. (: Go for it! I'm stealing those verses for my own blog, too. They hit me deep. Thanks again! Live, Laugh, LOVE! -Katieanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up, Kay. Rock it out in this moment, loving others nonstop and living radically for our Savior. I see you doing this already .. keep it coming. The world needs your light, your voice, and your love. Don't hold back.

    ReplyDelete