Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Clean Slate. Goodbyes. New Beginnings. Heartbreak. Faith

In two weeks I am leaving for college.

I am packing up my life, and my horse and heading out on my own.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared or uneasy or nervous because I am. I am terrified but at the same time I am so excited. This is the moment I have been waiting for my whole life and up until now this is where I feel God leading me. I feel His peace and His direction.

In the past month I have had some serious health issues arise which have held setbacks and required a new level of walking by faith for me. There is so much that is unknown. I am not guarenteed tomorrow and I want to not hold back and live up each day for Christ as though it is my last. In the last year, God has called me to surrender absolutely every part of my life and in doing so He has given me a clean slate as I head off to this new chapter in my life.

I hate goodbyes. Saying goodbye to my friends is going to hurt, I will miss them so much but I know that God is calling me to Blackhawk for right now. I love my friends. (you all know who you are :) ) God has used them in huge ways in my life but there is a time for goodbye and new beginnings. Our friendship may become long distance but my love for them will not change, and I will still make sure I see and talk to them.

I am going to miss my family. I don't have words for how much I love them and how hard it will be to not be at football games on Friday nights this fall to support my Dad. Growing up is hard but I can rest in knowing that no matter what my family will always love and support me. Even if I'm away from home.

My heart my break as I say my goodbyes and load up my life in two weeks but I choose to walk by faith into this next chapter and I believe that what God holds in store is going to be amazing. I will have Zi with me as we embark on this journey together. I don't know what the future holds, right now I'm taking it one day at a time and seeing where God guides my path.

Jeremiah 29:11
Romans 8: 24-25

1 comment: