Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Walking by Faith

Life has no guarentees. Tomorrow is never for sure.

In coming weeks I must face my fear and face the unknown. I am terrified. I want to fall apart and break down. I want to give in to fear. I want to hide and pretend everything is okay. But God is bigger.

God is showing me what it truly means to walk by faith and not by sight. If I knew why things were happening the way that they are...it would not be living by faith. I can't see the big picture. I can only see what is in front of me. I trust that I am in God's hands. He will never let me go. He will not forsake me. I can not allow fear to cripple me. I will not let it define who I am. I choose to walk by faith because my life is God's. He knows best. I trust that no matter what happens it is His will and I am going to live it out.

I want to look at trials as an opportunity to live out 2 Corinthians 5:7. God uses trials to refine our faith and when I look at them that way it changes the entire perspective. Regardless of what the coming weeks bring, I choose to walk by faith and not by sight and follow the path that God paves for me.

Hebrews 11

1 comment:

  1. Amen sista! That is all you can do in life, walk by faith. Don't let the fear define who you are because that is not who God made you to be and who he made you to be is so beautiful and pure, even in the midst of these trials. Have that pure joy and hold onto the hope he gives us.

    ReplyDelete