Sunday, May 16, 2010

Passion

Zi's second day has been fantastic.
I truly have the bestest best friends in the world. Courtney, Elizabeth, Mark, Zack and I all had a picnic at the barn and then rode Magi and I worked with Zi. I loved it! It was just healthy fellowship and God was the center of it, plus the fact that I have friends who truly support and appreciate the passion of my heart.

Zi was wonderful today. I can't really tack him up and ride yet because his new girth and bridle don't come until tomorrow. But today was spent doing a lot of undemanding time and playing. He jumped barrels...trotted circles and changes of direction, backed through doorways, I picked up all four feet from one side, and he got to hang out with me while I helped Katie with her trailering session with Ari. It is definitely love at first sight. I truly have never felt this instant kind of connection with a horse before, he has so much potential and thrives with attention. He is very sensitive and definitely more so than Magi is. So far, the one thing I have worked the most on is backing up. I noticed that he seems to be unconfident backing up more than a few steps especially if he's backing towards something. In order to help him become even more confident backing out of a trailer we've worked on backing through doorways and small spaces today. He's been great so far. I really love working with a introverted horse that's so different than Magi is.

Magi is also doing great. I got to play with and ride him and also had Mark and Courtney ride him. He is still jealous of Zi but truly had a great session today. He definitely had some dominance attributes that were even more pronounced due to Zi's arrival. But overall a fantastic day:)

God has really been laying it on my heart lately that I need to guard my heart in relationships and friendships and more than that I need to be in constant surrendrance to His will. I don't think I've ever realized more what that looks like until these last few months. There is definitely beauty in the breaking and sometimes God asks us to surrender something that we don't want to let go of. Yet, when we actually let it go He fills us with His peace that transcends all understanding. I feel that peace and I can see God's hand in my life that last few months. Zi is a blessing. I can not wait to see where God leads us next!

I just am so passionate about horses and the fact that God has given me this passion makes me more passionate! Everything I do reflects that passion and I love that I am finally being given the chance to share my heart with others. With my friends...with others in the horse industry and also I am allowed to share my heart as I work with Zi. I am in love with the way God works.

No comments:

Post a Comment